Our character for the Refugee Survival Trust (RST) animation needs to be:
- Appealing - we want viewers to empathise.
- Simple - it will be a piece on a game board.
- One colour - each character/game piece will be a different single colour.
- Scalable - we need a small version for a child character.
- Not too cheerful - it's playing a game, but not an enjoyable one.
Adam did pages of sketches before moving into plasticine. The sketch model above shows the final version of the character. We took it along to a meeting with Michelle from RST, who loved it.