When we've finished creating all the animation footage for a project we have... a completely silent film. All the sound effects, background noises and so on have to be added afterwards.
Adam did the sound design for Refugee Survival Trust's animation. As we had zero budget, he sourced sounds from freesound. Freesound is a great resource - a database of audio files released under Creative Commons licenses.
Many thanks to freesound and each of the following individuals whose sounds we used in this animation:
- Sounds: Ropeswoosh 3.wav and Ropeswoosh 4.wav by Benboncan
- Sound: 8BitSFX.aif by bennychico11
- Sound: Game Sound Correct_v2.wav by Bertrof
- Sounds: Jump.wav, timer ends_time up.wav, Access computer.wav, toss_throw.wav, through a door_down a ladder.wav, Collect special coin.wav and level up.wav by Cabeeno Rossley
- Sound: To_Be_Booed2_ses1.wav by freesound
- Sound: object falls (2).wav by FreqMan (Richard Frohlich/Texas Radio Theatre Company)
- Sound: Chip124.wav by HardPCM
Adam also composed the score - a catchy, chirpy little piece of music that sounds as if it comes from an old platform game. Warning: once it gets in your head, it's hard to shift!